Are you using BSNL Broadband Network?
Facing problems to configure BSNL Wifi Modem Router to Enable WiFi or WLAN?
Then this tutorial might rescue you and helps to configure BSNL Modem to enable Wifi/WLAN. The modem that is distributed by the BSNL are very compact and powerful. These are best for Home and Small Office Networks. But the main issue comes by connecting the Internet through Wireless Modem. To get it actually done, one must have to configure it properly with correct settings. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to get Internet on your desktop as well as Laptop without any physical connection.
Firstly, connect the modem exactly as shown in the below image
BSNL Modem Configuration Steps
1. First of all it is mandatory to set your IP as 192.168.1.1. To do this go to “Network Places Properties” and set you Protocol IP to 192.168.1.1 and default gateway as 192.168.1.1.
2. Now open your browser and type URL http://192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
3. Now you will be prompted to enter ID and password to configure your ADSL BSNL broadband Router/Modem. Enter User Name: admin and Password: admin
4. Here Hit on “Advanced Set Up” and then “EDIT” over Service PPPoE.
5. No need to change “ATM PVC Configuration” hit “Next”.
6. Change “Connection Type” to “PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)” then hit “Next”.
7. Enter “PPP Username and Password” and Enter Service Name as your Wish. Don’t change any other setting. Click on “Next”.
8. Don’t change any settings at “Network Address Translation Settings”. Click “Next”, then Click “SAVE”.
Enabling WiFi Security
1. Go to Wireless Tab at Left Side.
2. Then Security set Network Authentication to OPEN, Enable WEP Encryption, Current Network Key to “1″ and enter Network Key 1 as ABCDE (Which acts as password while connecting to Wi-Fi).
3. Save your Settings and Reboot you Router or Modem.
If you are facing any problem while configuring BSNL Broadband Modem to enable WiFi then watch the video for better understanding.